Yes! I am engaged since 2017, September.
(Super excited for the future ahead of us ☺️)
We decided to take it slow and targeted about 2018 September for wedding ceremony.
Now that it's already end March, I really need to start planning!
I've been researching quite a while now and the ideal wedding I would like to have is as below.
- Minimal luxurious wedding between just friends and close family, with about 30 people
- Wedding by the cliff looking over sea
- 3 days of Travel with all the people, where both sides of people get to enjoy each others company
- One week of Honeymoon by staying behind with my finace
- Target 28th of September, which is our anniversary as well (I wanted our anniversary to be same date as Wedding date so that we can celebrate at once. However my friends have constantly told me the more anniversary you have, the better. I disagree. I would rather have a special date that celebrates our relationship in so many ways and look back, how amazing it has been. And it’s a lot less to think about - talk about being minimalist! )
I am starting to realize, even though I have clear idea of how I want my wedding to be, there are so many things to consider. For example, the date. My ideal date falls into Mid Autumn festival in HK and Chusuk in Korea which is really big deal. Everyone will be flying off and the flight ticket will be major problem. Another thing, since I’m planning to have wedding abroad, whom do we pay for 3 nights in hotel and flight ticket, and whom we pay for 3 nights of hotel only? And who do we invite??
These are just few examples of things to consider.
Since it’s a such a huge step in life, I will share the journey with you on here as much as I can, so it would be helpful for some of you out there who’s going through the same process.
Let the Journey begin!